The University of Memphis
Policy Review Board (PRB)
Policy Review Board (PRB) assists in the formulation, review,
and distribution of all University policies.
The Policy Review Board, a presidential standing committee, shall be comprised of representatives
from the President and Provost's office, each Vice Presidential area of responsibility, Legal Counsel,
Internal Audit, Athletics, Faculty Senate, Staff Senate, and Information Technology (support).
They are entrusted with assisting in the formulation, review, and distribution of all university policies.
The PRB shall ensure that each policy is written clearly, in the standard format. They shall also make
recommendations to the Executive Officers so that policies are compatible with values and strategic priorities
of the university. The PRB shall meet as needed.
coordinate, encourage, and support the complete review and reformatting of
all University policies to improve accuracy, clarity, and consistency with University
values and strategic priorities.
identify and communicate conflicts between University policies and procedures
and other policy sources.
identify potential issues warranting University policy statements and
recommend action by the appropriate Executive Officer.
ensure that the University community is made aware of
changes to policies when they occur.
- Mr. Tom Banning, Faculty Senate
- Ms. Ladonnal Curry, Business and Finance
- Ms. Tammy Hedges, Marketing and Communications
- Dr. Robert Jackson, Information Technology Services
- Ms. Beverly Jacobik, Research
- Ms. Melanie S. Murry, University Counsel and Chair
- Mr. Byron Morgan, Internal Audit
- Dr. Dan Bureau, Student Affairs
- Ms. Jean Rakow, External Relations and Alumni
- Ms. Jan Brownlee, Office of the Provost
- Ms. Chaquieta L Williamson, Development
- Ms. Vickie Peters, Staff Senate
- Ms. Maria Alam, Ex-officio
policies are to be presented in a standard format.
University of Memphis Policy
Editor website allows for the on-line generation of
policies that comply with the standard format. Consult the
online Help section for instructions on gaining access to
and using the secure system.
for Action Form