Research Areas: Labor Economics, Economics of Education, Health Economics
Teaching Areas: Labor Economics, Microeconomics, Econometrics, Game Theory
Personal Website: http://andrewjhussey.com
- “Crime Spillovers and Hurricane Katrina,” with Alex Nikolsko-Rzhevskyy and Ioana Sofia Pacurar. Under revision at Journal of Human Resources.
- “AIDing Contraception: HIV and Recent Trends in Abortion Rates,” with Alex Nikolsko-Rzhevskyy and Jay Walker. Under revision at Applied Economics.
- “Analyzing the Effects of Parental Separation on the Short-term, Medium-term, and Long-term Outcomes of Adolescents,” with Debjani Kanjilal.
- “MBAs, Earnings and Promotions: Estimating the Compensating Differential of Managerial Status.”
- “Adolescent Obesity, Educational Attainment, and Adult Earnings,” with John Amis and Albert Okunade.
- “Self-Confidence and Post-Baccalaureate Academic and Labor Market Outcomes,” with Weiwei Chen and Wayne Grove.
- “Greek Organization Membership and Collegiate Outcomes,” with Nathan Martin and Jay Walker.
- “Returns to MBA Quality: Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary Returns to Peers, Faculty, and Institution Quality,” with Wayne Grove. Forthcoming, Labour Economics.
- “Affirmative Action in MBA Programs: Investigating the Mismatch Hypothesis for Race and Gender,” with Wayne Grove. Forthcoming, B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy (Advances).
- “Racial Segregation Patterns in Selective Universities”, with Peter Arcidiacono, Esteban Aucejo, and Kenneth Spenner. Forthcoming, Journal of Law and Economics.
- “The Payoff to School Selectivity: An Application of Dale and Krueger's Method to MBA Programs,” with Weiwei Chen and Wayne Grove, 2012. Economics Letters 116(2): 247-249.
- “Human Capital Augmentation versus the Signaling Value of MBA Education,” 2012. Economics of Education Review 31(4): 442-451.
- “The Effect of Ethics on Labor Market Success: Evidence from MBA Graduates,” 2011. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 80(1): 168-180.
- “Estimating the Ex Ante Expected Returns to College,” with Omari Swinton, 2011. American Economic Review Papers & Proceedings, Vol. 101, No. 3: 598-602.
- “The Gender Pay Gap Beyond Human Capital: Heterogeneity in Noncognitive Skills and in Labor Market Tastes,” with Wayne Grove and Michael Jetter, 2011. Journal of Human Resources, 46(4): 827-874.
- “Returns to Field of Study versus School Quality: MBA Selection on Observed and Unobserved Heterogeneity,” with Wayne Grove, 2011. Economic Inquiry, Vol. 49, No. 3: 730-749.
- “The Effects of Focused Area of Study on Self-Reported Skill Gains and Satisfaction of MBA Graduates,” 2009. The Journal of Global Business Management, Vol. 5, No. 2.
- “Overweight Adolescents and On-time High School Graduation: Racial and Gender Disparities,” with Albert A. Okunade and Mustafa C. Karakus, 2009. Atlantic Economic Journal, Vol. 37, No. 3: 225-242.
- “The Economic Returns to an MBA,” with Peter Arcidiacono and Jane Cooley, 2008. International Economic Review, Vol. 49, No. 3: 873-899.